OVERVIEW TUSPM Winter/Summer Internship Programs
Interns will attend workshops and seminars on podiatric medicine, as well as shadow and work with podiatric physicians in hospital, private practice and outpatient clinic settings.
Workshops and seminars will focus on topics such as
• introduction to podiatric medicine;
• biomechanics and pathomechanics of the foot and ankle;
• foot screening and evaluation; and
• specialties in podiatric medicine (including
diabetes, sports injuries, surgery, pediatrics and wound care).
Prior to submitting application, students applying
much have completed 45 credit hours at an
undergraduate institution. In addition, they must
not have previously applied to a school of podiatric medicine.
Please complete and submit the online application. Students must submit the following materials by the deadline for each program.
• College transcript or grade report
• Essay indicating your interest in a career in health care/podiatric medicine
• Recommendation from a college faculty member indicating your interest in and aptitude for science and medicine.
Letter writers can send their letters as a pdf to email@example.com
• MCAT (optional)
Each item should be a maximum of one typed page.
Email all documents and recommendations, as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Resumes should include applicant’s preferred email address.
All documents should include applicant's name.
Note: There will be a $100 deposit due upon acceptance into the
internship program. This fee will be refunded upon completion of the program.
Housing will be provided locally for the internship program.
Interns are responsible for meals, travel and other
Dates: January 2-5, 2024; June 7-14, 2024
Location: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine