The Pre-Health Professions Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating excellent service for University of Idaho pre-health professions students and alumni. These services include coordinating programming and events on and off campus for current and prospective students; supporting annual scholarship awards; overseeing the Pre-Health Professions Program budget; development and implementation of marketing strategies; supervising/mentoring a full-time pre-health professions advisor; and working with faculty, staff, and other campus and community partners in support of pre-health students’ personal, academic, and professional development. The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director for Advising (Student Success) and works with them to develop goals and objectives, policies, and practices and to make administrative decisions on areas as assigned above.
Additionally, the Pre-Health Professions Program Coordinator serves as pre-health advisor for a targeted group of pre-health professions students, as designated based on student need. Services include helping students understand and assess their interests and aptitude relative to a health professions career, major exploration, course recommendations, suggestions for gaining relevant experience, and support with the professional school application process.
• Master’s degree
• One (1) year supervisory experience.
• Experience delivering student-centered customer service.
• Experience compiling and analyzing information.
• Experience presenting information clearly and concisely to a diverse audience.
• One or more years supervising professional staff.
• Familiarity with/knowledge of the health professions.
• Experience with health professions advising in higher education.
• Experience managing programs.
• Proven excellence in public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho academic rules and regulations for undergraduate advising.