UChicago Career Advancement’s Careers In Healthcare program builds on the world-class UChicago liberal arts foundation to give students a competitive edge in their professional development. Careers in Healthcare is open to all undergraduates and recent alumni to support their interest in medical school and health-related fields. The Assistant Director, Careers in Healthcare will utilize industry expertise to prepare students for a career in medicine (or other clinical fields). This individual will lead employer identification and relationship management as well as provide one-on-one advising, coaching, and medical school preparation and application support for students, plan and develop content for student workshops and programming, organize and execute student-employer opportunities and competitions, support the management of outcomes reporting and analytics, support the management of three marquee internship programs, and collaborate with RSOs as needed.Responsibilities
Utilizes first-hand knowledge and skills gained from recent industry experience (preferably in a health-related or health-related advising profession) to successfully counsel and advise Careers In Healthcare students interested in medical school, and other clinical fields.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master’s degree in higher education, science, or related field.
- Work Experience:
- A minimum of three years of professional work experience.
- Experience in pre-health or pre-medicine student advising and/or medical school admissions.
- Experience working with college-aged students and/or recent college graduates; experience developing and managing an internship program a plus.
- Expertise in program development, or a related area. Prior small-group program management and/or event planning experience.
- Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in counseling, program development, or a related area.
- Knowledge of career development theory and strong coaching or counseling skills.