Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting undergraduate Health Sciences students develop appropriate and realistic academic plans.
- Assisting students with course selection and obtaining or granting special permissions for course enrollment when needed.
- Monitoring academic progress.
- Assisting students having academic difficulty with strategies for achieving academic success.
- Disseminating information about academic programs and policies to new and continuing students.
- Serving as a liaison with the assigned academic department(s).
- Facilitating new student and transfer orientation sessions as needed.
- Participating in Open House and Commencement as needed.
- Making appropriate referrals.
- Providing guidance to faculty and staff on student issues and academic policies.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution by September 1, 2022.
- At least one year of professional experience working as an advisor in higher education.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational ability with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency using Google G-Suite.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Master’s degree earned in student development, counseling, higher education, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Appalachian State University academic policies and procedures.