Duties / Responsibilities
The Associate Director serves as a member of the Center’s Executive Leadership team and contributes to all major decisions impacting the Center. This role is responsible for strategic visioning, planning and prioritization; management of budgets, personnel, and operations; development of strategic partnerships and new initiatives; and assessment and reporting of outcomes and impact. The portfolio of this specific executive leadership position is centered on preparation and transition of Illinois students to post-graduation opportunities. This role oversees the Pre-Health Advising and Graduate School team, as well as the Employer Relations and Professional Connections team. It is responsible for overseeing assessment of learning outcomes and impact of programs and services provided by The Career Center. Minimum Qualifications
- Six years of professional work experience in career services, student services, or higher education that includes progressive leadership, administrative, or management responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience assessing learning outcomes and/or post-graduation outcomes, including collection and statistical analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience planning, implementing, and managing educational programs, as well as use of quantitative and/or qualitative data to determine impact and outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations and across cultural differences.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree
- Advanced degree in counseling, higher education, student affairs, or related field
- Credentialed as a career coach or counselor through one of the national career development organizations
- Experience that demonstrates understanding of career and student development theory and practice
- Experience establishing goals, executing strategies, leading innovation, and managing change
- Experience developing and fostering strategic initiatives, partnerships, and professional relationships
- Experience supervising full-time professional staff
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge of college recruiting practices, hiring practices, and career services management systems.