Duties / Responsibilities
Initiatives for the Association, including the Pharmacy is Right for Me (Pharm4Me) campaign and recruitment events under the direction of the Senior Director for Student Affairs. The Manager promotes contemporary information about pharmacy education and careers to various audiences and leverages technology to expand the number of diverse and capable students in the high school and college pipeline. The position also manages AACP’s sponsored scholarship programs, including the CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students and Walmart Health Equity Scholarship. The Manager will regularly communicate with staff, association members, external association partners, and the general public.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher
* At least two years of experience working in postsecondary (preferably health professions) education or association management
* Experience in student recruitment, admissions, marketing, program management, scholarships, or related areas.
* General knowledge of higher education or health profession education issues affecting undergraduate, graduate, or professional programs
* Understanding of the pharmacy profession, career opportunities in pharmacy, and educational requirements necessary for entry into the pharmacy profession is preferred.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Ability to properly prioritize tasks and responsibilities
* Travel, estimated to be 15-20%, varied times throughout the year
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.