Career Services, positioned within the division of University Life, seeks an Associate Director to join a highly collaborative and collegial team of four advisors and one coordinator serving students and alumni applying to graduate and professional school. The Associate Director reports to the Senior Associate Director and is responsible for advising students applying to law, medical and dental school as well as other graduate programs. The Associate Director plans and presents in-person and online programs, reviews and critiques application materials, is an expert on national admissions trends, collaborates with campus partners to provide holistic student support, and creates digital content. Additionally, the Associate Director interviews and prepares letters in support of Penn applicants to medical and dental school in June/July. Occasional evening programming and travel to visit schools and attend conferences.Duties
- Advise and counsel Penn students and alumni on graduate and professional school admissions.
- Write letters in support of Penn applicants to health professions school.
- Respond to student emails, including review of application materials.
- Compile and analyze Penn specific graduate school admission statistics and gap year experiences.
- Organize and lead workshops, information sessions, and other programs.
- Communicate with graduate school admissions staff; attend conferences and represent Penn at professional school visits.
- Develop digital and print content for team.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and student groups.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
A Master's degree and 2-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Motivation to work in a student service role as part of a positive, high-energy multi-team office is needed. Interest in developing ideas and creating innovative programming reflecting the changing needs of students/graduates. Demonstrated advising skills, with the ability to understand a diverse range of student and alumni needs and concerns. Outstanding presentation and writing skills across different formats and tailored for different audiences. Proven initiative in program planning and implementation, communication, and teamwork. Collaborative nature with a willingness to work within and across teams internally and partner with colleagues within Career Services and across campus. Experienced in successfully managing multiple priorities. Social media experience helpful.