The Office of PreMed/PreHealth Advising at UMass Amherst provides professional guidance and support to current UMass students and alumni interested in pursuing careers in the health professions. The Director of Premed/Prehealth Advising will provide leadership and long-term strategic planning for the UMass Premed/Prehealth office, plan yearly ongoing activities to advance the competitiveness of UMass students and alumni in pursuing postgraduate careers in the health sciences and assess their effectiveness, and cultivate meaningful relationships with students through comprehensive, individualized or group academic and career advising. In addition, the Director will liaise with admissions offices of health professional schools, student leaders in various health professions societies on campus, and premed/prehealth offices of other undergraduate institutions. The Director will also supervise and support the Premed/Prehealth Advising staff and participate in undergraduate recruitment efforts and activities.
Learn more here: https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/510939/director-premedprehealth-advisingMinimum Qualifications
- Master’s level education.
- At least five (5) years of experience in academic advising.
- Experience working with students with a range of academic abilities (including honors level and academically at-risk students)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize multiple tasks and set priorities for action, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large, culturally diverse faculty and undergraduate population.
- Supervisory experience of college students and staff.
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong group presentation skills to a range of constituencies (students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators)
- Two (2) or more years of experience in prehealth career advising.
- Familiarity with student information management systems (e.g., Spire, Navigate).
- Familiarity with prehealth applicant information portals (e.g., AMCAS AIS, ADEA/AADSAS, CASPA, AACOMAS, VE Collect).