The Center for Student Success and Engagement of the College of Arts & Sciences at Kansas State University has an opening for an Interdisciplinary Program Administrator and Recruiter. We seek enthusiastic and conscientious student-centered individuals who view teaching, advising and recruitment as interrelated, helping to connect prospective students with opportunities for study in the College. The Center's student success team supports both the interdisciplinary programs housed in the College (humanities, life science, social science, physical science, integrated computer science, integrated health studies, medical lab science) as well as the University's open option (undeclared) program.
This position will coordinate and manage the life sciences primary major and the integrated health studies secondary major in the Dean’s office in coordination with the Assistant Dean of Student Success. The person in this position will serve as the main advisor for students in those two programs and teach the introductory orientation and final capstone courses. They will be responsible for developing marketing, outreach, recruiting, and communication materials for the interdisciplinary programs in conjunction with the Student Success team and the College Communications and Marketing team and will work to recruit new majors to the College in conjunction with the Recruitment Coordinator. Additionally, they will interface with the appropriate personnel throughout the university, contribute to the development of program assessments and engage in activities as needed to make the programs successful. It is expected that the successful candidate will possess extensive knowledge about the College's academic programs, university support services, and opportunities for connecting students with the resources they need. Organizational and communication skills, timeliness, cooperation, and collaboration in a team environment are essential.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
- Master's degree in relevant field
- 1-2 years of advising and/or recruitment related experience
- 3-6 years’ relevant experience
- Understanding and knowledge of the mission of the College of Arts & Sciences, its programs and the programs offered at Kansas State University
- Experience with student success tools such as SSC Navigate, familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and CRMs (Salesforce or Slate).
- Experience with recruitment and program coordination
- Experience with the curriculum process (reviewing, designing, modifying, etc.)
- Strong commitment to student success and to fostering diversity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong teaching experience and philosophy