Job Description: Provide academic and preparatory advising to current undergraduate and post bachelor students who are pursuing, or plan to pursue, an undergraduate degree program or content at OU and intend to apply to professional school. This position will serve the campus by maintaining informational material, conducting student programming and meeting individually with students to increase preparedness and acceptance into professional programs. Informational materials may include: websites, information packets and handouts. Programming may include: info sessions, interview prep, and letters of recommendation. Individual meetings may include: course requirements for testing, personal statement reviews, and general information.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum three years experience working with pre-professional students in an academic setting.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of university academic policies and curricula.
- Experience with science or pre-med majors.
- Familiarity with pre-professional testing, application services and admissions processes.