The Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, Admissions and Enrollment Department at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science welcome applications for a full-time Admissions Counselor position. The University encourages applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their field and those that can add new and valuable perspectives to the academic environment. The Admissions Counselor will be primarily responsible for assisting applicants to Rosalind Franklin University with their application process. Admission Counselor will also promote RFUMS programs of study to prospective students, undergraduate counselors, and other academic representatives. These tasks are accomplished by visiting other universities, talking with prospective students and providing web and printed materials, managing prospective student databases and answering questions about the admissions process. Additionally, the admissions counselor will facilitate candidate interview days, provide campus tours for prospective students and their families, and travel to recruitment events both regionally and nationally.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment, the Admissions Counselor will manage the development, coordination and performance of admissions activities and other specialized on-campus activities.
- Counsel and assist prospective students with the admissions process;
- Assist in conducting small-group and individual prospective student visits and conduct tours of the university;
- Coordinate applicant interview days;
- Develop and manage relationships with health professions advisors and guidance counselors of colleges and high schools to promote referral of prospective students;
- Attend on- and off-campus recruitment events, open house and prospective student programs and admitted student programs;
- Maintain consistent follow up with prospective students, applicants and admitted students via email. telephone and in person;
- Attend professional conferences and meetings on- and off-campus;
- Manage prospective student, applicant and admitted student databases and create prospective student applicant and admitted student data reports;
- Will have specific duties related to the creation, maintenance, and analysis of the communication flow within the customer relations management system (CRM);
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years in admissions and recruitment.
- Must achieve a background check clearance
- Ability to travel extensively, locally and nationally.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct interactive and engaging presentations to large and small groups of various age ranges.
- Knowledge of admissions and recruitment strategies and legal and ethical considerations regarding enrollment.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including students, faculty, alumni and staff populations.
- Knowledge of current trends, issues and policies affecting students.
- Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office and application s databases.
- Masters Degree
- 1-2 years in admissions and recruitment in a health professional program
- Marketing.. communications. prior CRM experience. and public relations experience.