Job Description: The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation. The UIWSOM invites applications for the Student Affairs Coordinator - Student Events.
The Student Affairs Coordinator - Student Events reports directly to the Director of Student Affairs. Under supervision, the Student Affairs Coordinator plans, develops and implements medical education and social programs for students of the UIWSOM . This position works on a flexible schedule to accommodate students' class, exam and rotation commitments. The Student Affairs Coordinator will assist students in pursuit of their educational and professional goals and specifically, will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of student events and special ceremonies. The Student Affairs Coordinator will operate within the UIWSOM framework of lifelong learning through collaborative scholarship, innovative educational excellence and learner-centered curricula.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Description of Job Duties
1. Under supervision and in collaboration with the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs and faculty, assist with the creation, development and implementation of academic and social programs for groups of students, faculty and staff. This will include events and special ceremonies such as orientations, white coat ceremony, match day, end-of-year socials, poster presentation days and commencements.
2. Provide support for the Master of Biomedical Science program which includes planning commencement, orientation, luncheons, and other activities.
3. Coordinate the development and facilitation of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities/programs in conjunction with the UIW main campus that promote personal growth and student success.
4. Market and promote activities, programs services, events and special ceremonies for students.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Student Affairs in Higher Education, Student Personnel, Education or other related program
Required Work Experience: Previous work experience with adult medical students. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with a team of faculty and staff while utilizing strong interpersonal/human relations and conflict resolution skills.
• Work experience at a medical school of institution of higher education.
• Master’s Degree in related field.