The Pre-Health Professions Advisor provides career education/advising to pre-health interested students and alumni from all academic majors. Services include helping students understand and assess their interests and aptitude relative to a health professions career, major exploration, course recommendations, suggestions for gaining relevant experience, and support with the professional school application process. The Pre-Health Professions Advisor reports to the Pre-Health Professions Program Coordinator.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience delivering student-centered customer service.
• Experience presenting information clearly and concisely to individuals, small, and large groups.
• Experience compiling and analyzing information for leadership/administrative decisions.
• Experience interpreting and applying standards and regulations.
• Master’s degree
• Post-secondary advising/counseling experience or professional experience relevant to the health professions.
• Familiarity with/knowledge of the health professions.
• Experience with health professions advising, or advising for application to advanced education and/or professional programs.
• Proven excellence in public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho academic rules and regulations for undergraduate advising.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.