University of the Sciences (USciences) has an immediate need for a qualified candidate for the position of Instructor, Pre-PA Program Director. The individual will be predominantly responsible for advising pre-PA students (~100 students/year), teaching courses (orientation courses, interview seminar, and laboratories within the Biological Sciences Department), and preparing students to apply for PA school. In addition, the individual will ensure that students have sufficient shadowing hours and experiences to be competitive applicants for PA school. The individual will also be responsible for all administrative responsibilities that are associated with program directorship (some examples include, but are not limited to: aiding in admissions and recruitment events, scheduling courses, ensuring students are meeting graduation requirements, and performing assessments to verify students are meeting learning and programmatic outcomes).
• Advising undergraduate students with an interest in becoming a Physicians Assistant (PA)
• Teaching orientation, interview seminar, and laboratory courses in Biological Sciences, and as related to the pre-Physician Assistant program
• Administrative duties associated with the pre-PA program
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• M.S. Degree or higher in a Biological Sciences or related field
• Experience advising students on appropriate course and career choices
• Strong organizational skills