The National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc is seeking an Executive Director to serve as chief executive and operating officer of our organization. NAAHP, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that is the voice of healthcare advising with over 1700 members nationwide. The Executive Director reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors and Advisory Council to provide our advisor and patron members with up-to-date information and resources. The Executive Director will be located at the National Office in Champaign, Illinois and will oversee office staff working at that location.Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors and the Advisory Council representing our professional association members to provide our members and patrons with up to date information and resources;
- Promotes membership in the corporation through (a) working with health professions associations, members of the Advisory Council, and health professions schools to garner patron memberships and (b) working with the regional associations and the Membership Committee to promote individual advisor memberships and (c) facilitating communication with and between stakeholders and members;
- Maintains fiscal integrity of the corporation in collaboration with the Executive Committee and Finance Committee, through effective management of resources, including yearly budget oversight and development;
- Identifies fundraising sources, initiates and write grant proposals, and develops a long-range fundraising plan for the corporation;
- Serves as the custodian of all monies, securities, copyrights, deeds, and leases belonging to the corporation as well as oversees the physical facilities of the national office;
- Supervises the corporation’s staff, including hiring, termination of employment, recommendations for compensation, and providing annual performance review, including an annual report and review of staff presented to the Board of Directors at the annual June meeting;
- Identifies projects, studies, and reports that will benefit the corporation’s membership and provides consultation with individuals and groups on those projects, studies, and reports;
- Plans and coordinates all non-program aspects of the biennial national meeting including site selection and negotiations with potential meeting properties. Assists national meeting program planning chair as requested.
- Master’s degree required
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in professional schools and/or non-profit agencies.
- Exceptional organizational skills, fundraising, and experience with budget preparation and oversight are required.
- Experience with supervision of staff.
- The individual will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills for interaction with stakeholders at all levels as well as a proven record of staff supervision.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills are necessary for the development of hotel contracts and other national meeting needs.
- Demonstrated grant writing ability.
- Individual must be willing to travel in order to fulfill site selection and meeting attendance across the country.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Doctorate degree
- Experience with pre-health advising
Please forward to NAAHPExecSearch@gmail.com
NAAHP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names/contact information for three references