The Department of Family and Preventive Medicine embraces the University of Utah mission of scholarship pursued via mutually reinforcing research, education and clinical care as well as community engagement that draws on, and in turn, strengthens the department’s multiple disciplines. The Vice Chair
, under the authority of and reporting to the Chair of the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, will have significant administrative, leadership, and clinical practice responsibilities. The Vice Chair
, Clinical leads the development of departmental
clinical strategy to advance scholarship across these elements and disciplines.
- Lead the development and promotion of the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine strategy to support the mission, vision, values and goals of the Department, School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center for clinical operations.
- Collaborate across the University, Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Department as well as across the community and with global partners to develop and implement departmental strategy.
- Champion the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine as leaders in health care, research, and education to “Expand the Possibilities of Health” for the people of Utah and beyond.
- Monitor and report performance on the delivery of strategic initiatives using benchmarks and quality improvement analytics.
- Work closely with and support the Division Chiefs within the Department as well as the clinic medical directors.
- Collaborate with and support the Administrative Director and operations leaders on budgets, business plans, practice reports, compensation, and any new business proformas as related to new clinical business.
- Partner with and share accountability with the Clinical Medical Directors and clinical site management for the clinical quality, productivity and financial success of clinical operations.
- Represent the Department and Department Chair within the University and in the Community.
- Lead internal mission committees including the Clinical committee and others as assigned by the Department Chair.
Physician (MD/DO) candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Board certification in a specialty area which will advance the mission of the department,
- Eligibility for unrestricted Utah License,
- Extensive clinical, administrative, and leadership experience in large, academic medical centers.