Under the guidance of the Manager of Workforce Development, the Supervisor of Academic Partnerships will manage all academic partnerships in order to prepare underrepresented and diverse students for health professions careers and to meet the organization's strategic workforce needs. The Supervisor of Academic Partnerships will be the lead liaison to sustain and create new relationships with academic institutions to create clinical and non-clinical experiential learning opportunities for pre-health professions students with a special emphasis on nursing. The Supervisor will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing the programming of all Teaching Institution Agreements, including compliance,
evaluation, and placement. The Supervisor will oversee day-to-day staff, intern, and preceptor engagement activities, ensuring compliance. The Supervisor will implement data collection and reporting, and maintain tracking and evaluation of student interns. The Supervisor is responsible to recruit & retain pre-health professions student interns and will be responsible for providing job preparedness and job placement support. The Supervisor will have a dedicated emphasis in
developing a nursing workforce pipeline process that leads to full-time employment. The Supervisor will provide efficient, compliant customer service-oriented programs.Responsibilities
- Leads day-to-day management of all academic partnerships, serving as the lead liaison to implement clinical and non-clinical experiential learning opportunities for pre-health professions students with a special emphasis on nursing.
- Leads day-to-day staff, intern, and preceptor coordination and engagement activities. Ensure service levels are established and achieved according to AltaMed’s values.
- Oversees and manages staff performance, including hiring, selection, development, and engagement.
- Works with Nursing Leadership to develop and implement an infrastructure for a formal undergraduate nursing rotations program that prepares students with enhanced skills for their RN role in primary care and meets all grant requirements.
- Develops a formal pipeline for outreaching to, engaging, and maintaining longitudinal relationships with undergraduate nursing students – starting with outreach and recruitment to fill rotation slots and continuing through to post-graduation employment recruitment – in order to increase the number of RN graduates from partner schools who choose to work in primary care at AltaMed.
- Will partner with the Learning and Training Department to coordinate the revision and enhancement of the existing didactic curriculum for partner nursing schools Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Associate Degree in Nursing Programs to include comprehensive material covering emerging RN roles in primary care, including population health management, case management, discharge planning, and chronic disease management, quality management, and telehealth.
- Leads day-to-day operations of talent acquisition program for workforce pipeline target populations including recruitment, selection, on/off boarding, placement and linkage to job placement. Support Medical Education UGME & GME programs. Ensures compliance.
- Supports Manager as liaison with Talent Acquisition on Talent Ready prospects and recruitment activities. Implements recruitment activities with academic partners.
- Oversee preceptor recruitment, site assignments and scheduling and acknowledgement of preceptor responsibilities.
- Assists Manager and peers in collaboration with departments to understand their intern and employment needs. Assist in coordinating and executing the fulfilment of those needs.
- Manage and nurture relationships with preceptors, academic partner career centers, and students.
- Assist Manager to expand our brand and strategic partnerships through recommendation and implementation of scholarships and sponsorships. Oversee deliverables.
- Manage and implement the programming of all Teaching Institution Agreements, including compliance, evaluation, reporting, and placement.
- Performs non-clinical supervision of the students on placement including but not limited to time and attendance, professionalism and behavior.
- Works with the Workforce Development Manager, Development and Grants Management to provide fiscal and compliance required data and reports that support funding opportunities and budget development for pipeline programs, and demonstrate a return on investment.
- Prepares monthly productivity reports for the Manager and supports the development of expansion plans. Implements data collection and reporting, and maintains tracking and evaluation.
- Participates in program audits and site visits and ensures compliance with Department of Labor and all applicable laws, policies and guidelines. Includes coordination of audit preparation and development of performance enhancement plans and corrective action plans.
- Evaluates and assesses programs and ensures that productivity meets program standards, making adjustments as necessary.
- Manages the delivery of accurate, timely, and responsive customer services.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college of university program in Business Administration, Public Health, Health Administration, School Counseling, Social Work, Nursing, or other related health or social science field.
- 2 years of experience with workforce development or student recruiting programs with an emphasis on nursing programs and clinical placements.
- Minimum of 1 years of supervisory experience in an educational, health or social services setting.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience as a recruiter or in talent acquisition.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese.