Duties / Responsibilities
Serves as the primary liaison between the Career Center and all Health Professions units. The position is responsible for preparing students and graduates for successful careers and entrance to graduate school for the College’s nursing and pre-professional school students including, but not limited to, students seeking acceptance to medical school, dental school, veterinary medical school, physical therapy school, etc. Works with students and alumni to help them understand the curricular and co-curricular requirements needed to become competitive candidates for admission to professional schools and evaluate their progress toward meeting these requirements to ensure strong outcomes for health professions students.
1. A minimum of Master’s degree from an accredited institution with strong knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling process, career coaching techniques, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques in addition to broad knowledge of careers in the health professions.
2. A minimum of 1 year experience providing career counseling and planning services is preferred.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills; strong organizational skills, and the ability to routinely multitask.
4. Ability to work well with a wide variety of people; ability to work independently.
5. Computer proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with web-based application services and Internet resources.