The Office of Student Services in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CPPS) is an energetic and highly fast-paced environment where we rely heavily on current technologies to meet the demands of the Doctor of Pharmacy students and our stakeholders. The Academic and Student Success Advisor provides quality advising and recruitment support for students as they apply, are accepted to, and complete their Doctor of Pharmacy degree with the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The advisor will provide advising and support to help students navigate the higher education environment, set academic goals, plan for co-curricular experiences that support career goals, and develop academic success strategies.Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advising students throughout the admissions process
- Participating in admissions and recruitment events
- Motivating students to set and achieve educational and career goals
- Conducting workshops and presentations, which includes coordination of Career Fair
- Promoting academic success skill development
- Monitoring and tracking students’ academic progress and coordinating and developing student success programs.
- This position may require occasional travel to local, regional, and national locations for student services training and support.
- 40% Advising, Student Support and Career Development
- 20% Yakima Recruitment and Admissions Support
- 20% Programmatic and Administrative Responsibilities
- 15% Student Events
- 5% Miscellaneous
- Other appropriate duties as assigned
(For full list of duties, please follow the link below.)Minimum Qualifications:
Positions require a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of professional work experience in student services or related education/experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
(For full list of requirements as well as Preferred Qualifications, please follow the link below.)
Application deadline is July 18, 2021 at 11:59pm.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Special Instructions to Applicants: At the time of application, please be prepared to submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how you meet the required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for at least three (3) professional references in the application.