In addition to the job components in the generic position description posted in the link below, the pre-health advisor or assistant director will have specific responsibility for the pre-health advising team and the following duties:
• Provide direct service to undergraduate students and alumni who are interested in careers in clinical healthcare. Direct service delivery includes individual advising with students, small group advising, and large group presentations and workshops.
• Research clinical health professions, provide outreach, design and implement programs and events which shepherds students through career exploration, preparation, and applications.
• Maintain up-to-date information on clinical health careers with special attention to underrepresented populations in each field, attend relevant conferences and open houses; visit targeted institutions/programs to provide up-to-date and tailored advice for applicants; and monitor appropriate list serves.
To apply, check out the generic description for all three positions here:https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Career-Counselor-and-or-Assistant-Director--UVa-Career-Center_R0025531
or search requisition R0025531Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education, higher education, counseling, or related field; relevant experience may substitute for advanced degree
- Demonstrated fluency in working across difference
- Strong customer service orientation; creativity, ability to assume responsibility, take initiative and work well independently and in teams
- Proven ability to design and present creative and innovative programs/workshops
- Well-developed organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s degree in education, higher education, counseling, or related field
- Prior experience providing career counseling or advising services in a college/university setting or at least three years related professional experience
- Demonstrated program development and management experience
- Ability to work effectively with students, alumni, faculty and employers
- Knowledge in the use of career assessment tools including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, FOCUS2, and Clifton Strengths
- Ability to teach and to instruct in the use of programs, services and resources in a career-related environment
- Proficient computer and web-based skills
- Related university or professional experience
- Experience with Handshake, Symplicity, or other CSM applications