Do you have experience working in medical school admissions, but you’re ready for a change? Want to see what applying from the “other side” looks like? Interested in helping guide the eager pre-meds seeking acceptance?
You might be the person we seek.
You’ve been the judge, the person who decides the fate of hopeful pre-meds. Wouldn’t you like the chance to change the lives of the pre-meds behind the paper?
For the past 14 years, Passport Admissions has helped guide students to become better pre-meds and better applicants. As an advisor, you will join a small band of passionate people who work together to help students around the country through the application process via video conference.
We have a rock star administrative team running the business: a director of operations to make sure that our students are well taken care of, a director of marketing to help spread the word on social media, and a talented team of editors and advisors to share the burden and knowledge of the application process. By supporting students as a team, we allow you to be the expert at what you know best: the application process to medical school.
We guarantee this will be the best part-time job you’ve ever had.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Impactful work with interesting students (we call them pre-meds with personality) and a chance to help them achieve their dreams of becoming a doctor
- Flexible hours: some evening/weekend work required, but you can set your own schedule for number of hours and on which days
- Work from wherever: most meetings take place by phone or online (video chat)
- Extensive training and support from a close-knit team
- To delight and manage a load of approximately 25 students applying to medical school
- To maintain your expertise by reading relevant blogs, articles, and professional publications
- To respond promptly to students, prospects, and staff within one business day
About Passport Admissions:
Passport President Rob Humbracht has worked in the standardized testing and admissions field for 22 years. Since 2007, Passport has helped over 500 pre-meds one-on-one and met with many thousand more. Our goal is to be the best medical school admissions company in the world. We are a small but growing company, and this position will be an incredible opportunity for the right person.
For more information, check out our website at www.passportadmissions.com
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- B.A. or B.S. (Required)
- Previous medical school admissions committee experience (Strongly preferred)
- High level of motivation to help students achieve their dreams
- Expert fluency in English grammar and style
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency with modern technology (Google Docs, Zoom, etc.)