The Admissions and Enrollment Department at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science welcome applications for a full-time Graduate Admissions Recruiter. The Graduate Admissions Recruiter will be responsible for recruiting, monitoring and facilitating process for driving inquires to application and through the enrollment pipeline for all graduate programs at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS). The Graduate Admissions Recruiter will visit colleges, high schools or relevant programs as well as attend on and off campuses recruitment events to promote RFUMS to prospective student while educating and building relationships with pre-health advisors, counselors about our various programs through health profession awareness. He/she will be responsible for management of the growing the prospective student database and driving inquiries to applicants. The University encourages applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their field and those that can add new and valuable perspectives to the academic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions and Enrollment and Associate Director, the Graduate Admissions Recruiter will manage the development, coordination and performance of admissions activities and other specialized on-campus activities including:
• Open House programs, information sessions or other relevant pre-collegiate initiatives as well as counsel and tour prospective students.
• Develop and manage relationships with health profession advisors, school counselors or other relevant non-profit organizations to promote referral of prospective students.
• Track and analyze recruitment activities and results related to recruitment.
• Attend professional conferences and meetings on- and off-campus.
• Maintain consistent follow up with prospects via email, phone, individual counseling appointments and/or social media etc.
• Develop relationships with alumni and potential donor referrals; assist in alumni and potential donor activities on- and off-campus as needed.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Enrollment and Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment.
Typical physical demands and working conditions:
• Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Work is of a light physical demand in an office setting with duties being performed while sitting,
standing, or occasionally stooping.
• Heavy travel is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• One to three years of experience, preferably in a health professions field
• Must achieve background clearance check
• Customer service or relationship building experience
• Experience in higher education, specifically admissions, student affairs, or related area
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to travel extensively, locally and nationally
• Outstanding organizational and networking skills
• Ability to give interactive and engaging verbal presentations to large and small groups of various age ranges
• Marketing and public relations experience helpful Ability to work with diverse student populations
• Ability to work with diverse student populations
• Exemplary skills in verbal, written and personal communications
• Knowledge of current trends, issues, and policies affecting students
• Ability to analyze complex issues and develop appropriate goals and strategies for solution
• Knowledge of applicable University, state, and federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Strong judgment, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency and knowledge of personal computer applications and applicable information technology applications for Student Affairs administration
• Master's Degree
• Experience with admissions management software