Reporting to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Director of Pre-Health Advising will be responsible for the leadership, management and continual development of the Pre-Health Advisement Program, which serves over 300 students across the University. The program is designed to support and mentor students who wish to pursue professional programs, such as dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, optometry, physician assistant, and veterinary medicine. This position entails chairing the Pre-Health Advising Committee, managing all administrative responsibilities related to the Pre-Health Advisement Program, teaching health professions-related courses, and advising the majority of pre-health students. This person will also hold an appointment of Lecturer in the Biology Department and have teaching responsibilities. Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree required.
- Significant knowledge of health profession advising.
- Minimum of five years experience of student advising.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
- Preferably able to teach Concepts in Biology, Anatomy and Physiology and/or Microbiology.
- NAAHP member preferred.