Pre-Health Student Advising:
- Advise students and alumni on the academic path toward medical school and other health programs including dental, veterinary, optometry, podiatry, physician assistant, physical therapy, and occupational therapy programs.
- Guide students and alumni through the professional school application process. Assist with application materials, guidance on entrance examination preparation resources, interviews, and personal statements.
- Promote volunteer, clinical, research, and other experiential learning opportunities for students considering the health professions.
- Advise Drexel student pre-health organizations.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data pertaining to the admission of students and alumni to health professional schools.
- Develop and oversee the content of the Steinbright Career Development Center’s Pre-Health Advising website, social media presence, marketing materials, and library resources.
- Pre-Health Committee
- Chair Health Professions Committee, review applicants, and write committee letters for applicants to medical and schools.
- Conduct workshops and classroom presentations to provide overview of the application process for those interested in medical school and other health programs.
- Collaborate with admissions to maintain and enhance Drexel’s strong pre-health program reputation among prospective students, including participation in Open Houses and programs for Admitted Students.
- Provide career counseling to students and alumni: resume reviews, mock interviews and supporting career fairs, participate in on-campus recruiting events, employer information sessions and provide operational support as needed.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
At least 3 years of counseling, higher education, or pre-health related experience