We are seeking an Admissions Counselor for the Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Proposed) in Provo Utah. This is a new medical school under development in the beautiful Utah Valley, The Admissions Counselor collaborates with the Director of Admissions to develop and execute an integrated student recruiting strategy to address Noorda-COM medical school matriculants through coordinated, planned, and data driven recruitment practices.
In collaboration with the Director of Admissions and in support of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and the Dean, ensure unified execution and/or implementation of all recruiting responsibilities to internal and external constituents.
1.1. Actively contributes to comprehensive annual integrated recruiting plan (developing, designing, and updating content [Intranet and external website, social media platforms, print and electronic materials]) consistent with the College strategic plan to maximize engagement with intended recruitment groups.
1.2. Provides prospect support to the Director of Admissions (facilitate applications, process applications, manage application process), and executes recruitment from recruitment through orientation.
1.3. Formulate and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan that includes targeted advertising, travel arrangements, on-campus visits and interview agenda.
1.4. Assist with the review of applications, (evaluation of primary and secondary applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation) to assist with the Director of Admissions review.
1.5. Individually advise prospective students on admissions requirements, fit, and admissibility.
1.6. Serve as a liaison between applicants and College maintaining communication (phone, email and letters) with prospective applicants to encourage and support completion of the application process. Answer inquiries from prospective students with timely follow-up, developing an ongoing rapport to encourage application and enrollment.
1.7. Assist in the development, implementation, and advertising of pre-matriculation programs. Help recruit/track/advise pre-matriculation program students as they transition to Noorda-COM applicants.
1.8. Create statistical reports and provide analytical data to assist with recruitment and yield strategies.
2. Actively engages in the advancement of the College.
2.1. Builds collaborative partnership opportunities across and among various entities by participating in networking opportunities (internal and external partners, business and community leaders) other colleges and universities, hospitals, local organizations, societies, etc.) promoting relationships with the College.
2.2. Collaborates with Leadership on all Noorda-COM related legislative issues to include contact with national, state, and local government officials.
2.3. Contributes to the College’s compliance with and in the development of required documentation as related to accreditation of all programs to which departmental content is contributed (faculty adequacy model, self-assessment, peer review, providing input/feedback, etc.), aids in the attainment of academic compliance.
2.4. Contributes to the production of various College materials (strategic planning, directory, College website, etc.).
2.5. Contributes to the College’s reputation/image of being one of the best osteopathic medical colleges (monitoring outcomes, partnering with internal and external stakeholders, modifying techniques, etc.).
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3+ years’ experience working in admissions, recruitment, or advising in Higher Education
Skills & Abilities:
Highly professional with honest, genuine, direct communication style, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional maturity with the essential ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and job diplomacy. Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines as relates to confidentiality of personal information, documents and applicant privacy rights.
• Proactive, innovative, versed in all aspects of integrated marketing
• Quality and effectiveness driven, self-confident, with ability to influence and effectively communicate with various constituencies
• Exceptional at listening, written and oral presentation skills
• Able to work independently yet as an effective participant in cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a strong work ethic and capable of establishing priorities
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and effectively handle frequent interruptions
• Innovative, resourceful, detail oriented, with excellent follow through skills
• Capable of balancing multiple projects in stressful situations while meeting deadlines, achieving desired results, and maintaining positive relations
• Understanding of the importance of confidentiality of data and information
• Able to travel frequently – within the Intermountain West, and nationally.