Job Description: This is a twelve-month, tenure-track position. The Director of the Physician Assistant Program is responsible for the administration and operation of the Program in compliance with the requirements of the University and the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). Details about all aspects of the program may be found at https://www.rit.edu/healthsciences/study/physician-assistant-bs-ms.
The Program Director is responsible for the following:
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES/ INSTRUCTION
• Overseeing the program’s organization and administration, providing effective leadership and management.
• Provide knowledge, insight, and overall responsibility for the accreditation process and maintaining compliance with the Accreditation Standards for Physician Assistant Education.
• Maintain continuous review and approval of program content and course sequencing.
• Actively participate in teaching.
• Oversee fiscal management as it relates to daily and long range planning and development.
• Maintain overall responsibility for the overall planning and development of the program.
• Facilitate student recruitment, in conjunction with the Office of Admissions and the College of Health Sciences and Technology.
• Oversee and coordinate all student academic advisement in collaboration with the CHST Assistant Dean’s office staff.
• Provide effective leadership and strategic direction with transparent communication with faculty, staff, and students.
• Responsible for conducting performance appraisals and Plan of Work exercises for faculty and staff development.
• Responsible for overseeing the PA Program Advisory Board and PA Admissions Committee.
• Oversee and coordinate the program admission process, in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
• Provide instruction, guidance, and support to Program staff and adjunct faculty who coordinate, supervise, instruct, and evaluate all students.
• Provide supervision/mentorship to the Medical Director, faculty, and staff in all activities directly relating to the PA Program.
• Oversee process to determine student awards and Program, University, and community events.
PROFESSIONAL AND SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
• Maintain professional certification and registration.
• Participate in scholarly activities in keeping with University/College expectations.
• Participate in local, regional, and/or national professional organizations and attend meetings when possible.
• Maintain current clinical expertise.
• Maintain contact with local professional medical community.
• Participate in program meetings; recruitment, admission, and graduation events.
• Participate in committee assignments, at the programmatic, College, and University level (when possible and applicable).
• Voluntary community activities are strongly encouraged
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration.
HOW TO APPLY:Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty Search: 5125BR.
Please submit the following: your online application; cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position; a curriculum vitae, and upload the following attachments:
• The names and contact information of three references.
• Statement of Diversity Contribution
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Master's degree• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as faculty and administrator in an accredited PA program.
• Certified graduate of an accredited program in Physician Assistant.
• Current professional certification and New York State licensure (or eligibility).
• Five years of clinical experience.
• Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.