Duties / Responsibilities
Health-Related Pre-Professional Advising:
- Develop student-centered mentoring and advising relationships by using basic core counseling techniques such as listening, reflection, and empathic understanding.
- Develop and present individual and group advising around career exploration, developing plans of study, major selection, and admission requirements for graduate and professional school, conduct mock interviews and other preparatory workshops, and assist with facilitating committee letters for professional schools in partnership with Health Sciences faculty.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of advisees and document advising sessions and website updates using college software platforms.
- Monitor health employment trends affecting student preparation and career opportunities.
- Maintain and communicate a knowledge base of health career information resources and technologies as well as an understanding of the labor market, employment trends, and recruiting strategies and techniques.
- Participate in regional and national advising meetings to increase institutional networks.
Internship Planning, Partnership Development, Outreach, and Implementation:
- Recruit and support interns and intern hosts, developmental advising of undergraduates, resolving difficulties that arise for interns or hosts, maintaining internship records, and evaluating internship placements.
- Collaborate with internship sites in identifying their needs and creating/maintaining partnerships.
- Design, execute, and interpret internship programs and policies, maintaining inclusiveness and following legal and ethical guidelines.
- Facilitate and implement employer recruiting and marketing/branding strategies to gain appropriate visibility and connections on campus for the employer.
- Establish and measure effective student learning outcomes for programs and events.
- Master’s Degree in a health-related field.
- Demonstrated 5-7+ years’ experience working with health-related employers.
- Effective organization and human relations skills.
- Previous experience working with and/or advising students is preferred.
- Proficiency with a variety of technology and experience with Career Management Systems.
- Familiarity with hiring trends, work settings, undergraduate and career counseling.
- Comprehensive understanding or experience with work both inside and outside of higher education.
- Post-secondary advising/counseling experience or professional experience relevant to the health professions.
- Experience with health professions advising or advising for application to advanced education and/or professional programs.
- Experience presenting educational content in large group and individual setting.
- Experience compiling and analyzing information for leadership/administrative decisions.